Friday, November 11, 2011

Cookies Anyone?


Anyone who knows me (Kristen), knows that I love to bake. Come on, it's all about chocolate, isn't it? Ministering cross-culturally can be challenging at times as you try to navigate the language barriers of your new friends. I have found though, that we all have at least one thing in common: the love for food. Our Latin friends are more than interested in learning how to bake the delicious and simple desserts that we often take for granted, such as chocolate cookies. So it is fun for me to invite several of the women in our church community over to build our friendships as I teach them the recipe to chocolate chip cookies. It is good for them to hear the lesson taught in English while I also get time to practice my Spanish, too. Our next cooking session will be how to make puppy chow! Yum!

No comments: